Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tucson woodworking show

Semi business trip yesterday. Got to have breakfast with some really nice folks that, with one exception, I had only met online before. Wandered the show for about an hour. My pocket book this year said no tool buying. I did buy a replacement drill bit for my Kreg jig. This was the first time the show had been held in Tucson rather than Phoenix. Attendance was down for both buyers and vendors because of the economy. The new owners of the show have done a better job this year of having demos and classes but fell short in some other areas.

This was the first time I had ever been to Tucson and the first time I had driven through it in daylight. I imagine now that my son moved there yesterday I might be back again. The drive is just over 2 hours. They are undergoing a complete rebuild of the freeway through town that is supposed to take another two years, glad I do not have to deal with that mess during the week. I kept hearing how gas is much cheaper down there so I pulled in to fill my 1/2 tank, 3¢ cheaper per gallon, big whoopee. This morning on the way in to work I noticed my normal station is 2¢ cheaper than that. oops.

1 comment:

Knitterman said...

The D-boy moved to Tucson?? bunches of his 2nd cousins live there (my kids cousins on Vera's side). what's he doing for work?