Monday, January 26, 2009

Food , music and a drive around town


I took another Sunday off. Did the sleep in big breakfast thing. Then went and joined a couple of Yelpers at Desert Botanical garden for a concert under the trees. The weather was just lovely and we sat drinking beer and eating crepes listening to the music of Try me Bicycle. Then we wandered through the gardens and took pictures of the blown glass exhibits placed throughout the park by Chihuly. I'll get the pictures up later.

Then I took off by myself to East Scottsdale to Sweet Republic. An ice cream store that is winning accolades in the press and on Yelp. Plus I had met the owners at Dim Sum. Really good ice cream, not as rich as McConnell's but still really good.

Next stop, on the way home, was Sur La Table. I have been staying away from this store because it is too easy to buy more cooking toys. I have been twice to the one in Vegas but this was my first trip to this one. I was tired of having slotted serving spoons bought at the big boxes for $3-5 rusting out in six months. The one I bought yesterday for $10 is stamped made in China so I will see how it holds up.

To finish off the day I watched the Suns break their losing streak.:-)

No comments: