Friday, March 20, 2009

Stir Fry Paradise


6661 W. Bell Rd., Glendale

This is where I decided to grab a bite to eat on the way home Tuesday evening. Plans originally were to meet another Yelper and his wife on Thursday and that wasn't going to work so I ended up going Tuesday night and they went on Wednesday. I thought it was an OK place and he thought it was a great place.

And on to the review:

Cheap, filling, edible.

This was my first time in a place like this. I was wondering if I made a mistake as I walked up around 6:30. Employees outnumbered diners 6 to none, and Carrambas next door had about 10 tables occupied. Having the full attention of the owner he explained how things worked. Start with a meat, add veggies, then noodles and pour sauce over it. Then hand it to the cook. While it was cooking I wandered over to the buffet table to see what they had. I think I would have preferred the rice I found over there to having loaded my bowl with thick noodles. Part of the learning curve. The sauce I made could have used more garlic, sesame and chili, it would have been easier to figure out if I had a small bowl to make the sauce in rather than just pouring choices over my bowl of food. The food was pretty good, some really good and some meh, none that I tasted was bad. I had a bowl of a spicy beef soup that I thought was very good. If you have teenagers or a 20 something son in law this is another choice of places to go, for $7.30 it is all you can eat. Add a soda and tax and it is still under $10. The owners were quite attentive. The place was very clean, the restroom could have maybe used a bit of attention.

By the time I left the place was half full on a Tuesday and several of he customers were regulars. Next door was almost empty so it must just be a different crowd drawn to the different food choices.

No comments: