Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baseball - Coach and Willies


Was given tickets to the Diamondback/Giants game for this past Saturday. I had four but on short notice was only able to use two of them. Short version: the game sucked (translation - we lost). Met a friend who came in from the East Valley on light rail about 4:15. I had not had a problem getting into the parking garage at all for a couple of reasons. It is estimated about 6,000 people take the train in on Saturdays for a game and there were about 10,000 empty seats. The public parking garage is now up to $12 to park but I can retrieve my vehicle up to like 2:30 AM unlike some of the private garages that lock the place down 30 minutes after the game. They opened the roof just before first pitch (5:10). That put the sun right in our eyes but it wasn't too bad and we knew it would drop below the edge of the roof soon. Soon came too soon, with the breeze blowing the temperature dropped like a rock about the 3rd inning. I was wearing shorts and a baseball jersey and I was actually shivering in my seat the last two innings.

After the game we walked a couple of blocks to Coach and Willies. A sort of sports bar. They had Fat Tire on tap. I had a steak sandwich and fries and she had a 1/2 order of nachos. Service was pretty good, especially as we got there with the after game crowd. The food was just mediocre, but edible. Neither of us was compelled to eat past the no longer hungry point.

No comments: