Saturday, April 4, 2009

Little Saigon


7016 N. 57th Ave., Glendale

This is where I chose this week for my Friday lunch.

Yelp review:
"I have tried 5 different Vietnamese restaurants in the recent past. This one stands out in my mind as the best of them. And none of them had any reason not to go back. For one thing the setting in the old house is great. And it has a shaded patio out front. I had a chicken dish with rice which came to my table still at a full boil. I would have liked to try the egg rolls but 6 in an order would have been a full meal in itself. The party next to me had an order of spring rolls and egg rolls and their comments were good. I went in the middle of lunch on a Friday and it was almost at capacity but I was seated right away and there was some delay (maybe 5 minutes) in taking my order but the food came out in a normal time. As in many Asian restaurants it is a family operation with the son of the owners being my waiter. Being just over a mile from work I will be back again.

Parking in downtown Glendale can be a hassle at times, less than a block away on the NE corner of 57th Ave. and Glenn Dr is a lot that only gets full during special events. In fact the downtown area is small enough I would park there to go almost anywhere in the area, but I don't mind walking."

No comments: