Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunnyslope art walk


Saturday, April 18th, 6-10 PM

Sunnyslope is a neighborhood region of the city of Phoenix. Twice a year they host a gathering of artists and craft people in roughly the center of the area. They said there were 100 of them and I am not sure I saw that many. Not being much of an arts and crafts person I walked the tour but was mainly there to hear the bands and eat. There were several Yelpers there and the woman in charge of the event is a Yelper. I got to see a cover band that is losing it's bass player (Amber) that was pretty good. There was also a pretty good jazz band and some others. There were 4 music venues spread out so you could wander along and and listen to whatever you wanted. Try Me Bicycle left before I got a chance to get down and see them. No beer tent but folks that were interested could get some at many of the stores and restaurants. The restaurants were all open so I tried papusas from one place and a hot dog and garlic fries from another. The weather was just perfect!

No comments: