Sunday, May 3, 2009

Well Duh!


If all you do is plug the crock pot in and do not turn it on your dinner will not be ready when you get home. For some reason I remembered plugging it in but not turning it on (I think better in the past tense) around mid day so I went home for lunch and turned it on. There was no meat in it so there was no harm done. I suppose you are all just dying to read what I cooked. :-)

Simple crock pot beans

I seldom cook the same way twice.

I cup pinto beans. Soaked over night and rinsed
1 large can enchilada sauce, whatever heat you prefer. I used green medium.
2 medium onions, diced, less what I reserved for that morning's omelet.
1 heaping tablespoon ground garlic. Garlic makes everything good!
1/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar. I have used pure maple syrup too but be careful and only use a couple of tablespoons.
2 pinches very hot chili powder.

Turn on crock pot! Go to work, come home, eat. Hot from the oven cornbread goes really well with this.

No comments: