Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm a fan!


Not in the sense that Facebook uses the term. Well sorta, maybe. For several decades I have been using the same dry rub from Susie Q in Santa Maria, Ca.. It is the rub used at the Far Westerner in Guadalupe and marketed by a member of the family. I was about to run out again so I looked at the ingredients. I had all but two items: MSG and something long winded to keep it from clumping. MSG does add some flavor and I wasn't sure where to buy it. I did a bit of research on the internet and found a half dozen basic ingredients plus some optional ones all of which I have anyway. So last night I had a couple of lamb blade chops to grill and stirred up some stuff from memory and sprinkled it on. It worked great and if I only make it in batches sized for one or two meals I can learn to tweak it. I certainly did not miss the controversial MSG.

No comments: