Thursday, December 17, 2009

Gluttony


You would think I am old enough to know better. While the over indulgence of Thanksgiving is still a recent memory I joined some friends at Santisi Brothers for a birthday party Saturday evening. While the other 12 in the party all chose to share pizza and wings I ordered pasta which came with bread and salad. That alone was too much food and I took enough home for Mondays lunch. But this was my first time there and I was with folks that had been there several times and they wanted me to try everything. I had pizza (good NY thin crust), wings (Giovanni bbq sauce, good), Zeppelies (fried batter dusted in powdered sugar, good), and split most of the birthday girls huge ice cream/brownie/whipped cream thingy with her husband. Toss in a 25oz Fat Tire and my stomach was on overload. I was dealing with heartburn for several hours. Several of the women in our group got their drink on and I imagine they were in a different kind of pain for a lot longer than I was. A good time was had and we all got to watch the game of our choice on the wall of TVs. I haven't seen that many TVs in one place outside of Vegas.

No comments: