Saturday, December 12, 2009

Popeyes chicken


A week ago Friday this is where my Friday lunch took me. I had never tried it and the closest 2 to work were each 8 miles away. Many of my relatives assured me it would blow the socks off of KFC and Churches. Sorry, not even close. The chicken was almost the same as Churches as I ordered the regular batter (I don't do Cajun spice well). And it was dry. They were out of battered fries so I did not get to try those. The mac and cheese wasn't even close to KFCs. It was suggested I should have had the red beans and rice but I don't like red beans and rice. I wanted root beer and none of the labels said root beer. Most of the tables were dirty. Several things other patrons asked for were out of stock. Bottom line is I would have been happier getting fried chicken from some place closer. The previous week I went to El Pollo Loco and had a much better meal. A couple of redeeming points; the whole meal was under $6 and there was no up charge for white meat. If this was the closest fried chicken place when I was in the mood I would probably get it but I certainly would not pass by another brand to get there.

No comments: