Sunday, March 21, 2010

Immersion blender


Also called a stick blender. Really neat toy! I usually make my own hummus. The first time I made it I got out the full sized blender and it didn't really do that great of a job (think I used too little liquid) and since then I have been using my mini processor. But it always came out like chunky peanut butter instead of smooth. I thought about getting out the big blender again but wasn't convinced that was going to fix my problem for the small batch sizes I make. So I narrowed my choices of a new toy down to the mini blenders where the container becomes the vessel and an immersion blender which I think was more popular a few years ago. I found out my brother has used one for years to make small batches of mayonnaise. Last night I made my first batch of creamy hummus! $20 at Wal-mart and it doesn't take up too much storage space in my cramped kitchen.

No comments: