Friday, July 9, 2010

Spicy mayo


I was sitting at lunch in Vegas with fellow Yelper Angela H and we were discussing heat in Asian dishes. One of the items we had for lunch was sliced beef and green beans in XO sauce which was listed as hot on the menu. With the exception of a few slices of jalapeno it really wasn't. Once we found out we both liked mayo, even though she does hot stuff and I do mild she offered up this condiment recipe. In a bowl mix mayo with a shot of Sriracha. Then use as regular mayo. Apparently mixing it in advance rather than trying to just squirt some on the sandwich gets rid of the hot spots and sort of mellows it out. I had it today on a ham sandwich and I really liked it. Now I have one more thing I can make from stuff I stock in the kitchen anyway. :-)

No comments: