Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chicken cheese enchiladas

A while back I made some barely edible chicken/bean/onion enchilada things. I followed it up a couple of weeks later with some modifications which made them a whole lot better. One of the things that came out of the first batch was my friend, Dawn, gave me her recipe for chicken cheese enchiladas. I had had the opportunity on two occasions to enjoy them. I rarely cook exactly to a recipe and this was no exception. Right from the start I used two chicken breasts which by volume was considerable more than the 12oz can of chicken in the recipe, I used 10" flour rather than 8" corn tortillas and I had a larger baking dish. So I had to guess in purchasable quantities how much to increase the rest of the ingredients. The result was roughly 95% as good as hers and exactly filled the baking dish. I'll take that. :-) Per her suggestion I froze 3 of them for later.

Potted meat

My son said I should try some because it was cheap. I waited til I got home to read the label (deliberately) or I probably would not have bought it. I really did not care for the smell when I opened it but I made the sandwich anyway as I knew it wouldn't kill me. Did not care for the taste but mixed with mayonnaise and mustard and chilled it wasn't bad. I don't think I will buy it again though :-)

No comments: