Saturday, February 14, 2009

Baked chicken


I tend to keep stuff in stock so I can create a meal for almost anything I feel in the mood for. For instance I have 4 or 5 different cream soups most of the time. I usually have onions (how can you cook without onions?), several meats, a half dozen bags of frozen vegetables, rice, noodles, spaghetti, potatoes and various sauces and stuff to make sauces from. Last week I was in the mood for chicken and I didn't feel like grilling or frying it. The only chicken I normally keep is boneless skinless breasts which need to be baked in something to flavor it. Unlike a regular split breast which gets some flavor from the skin and fat.

I lined the bottom of a small baking dish with sliced onions, topped them with 2 breasts sliced into large strips, covered that with ground garlic and poured a can of mushroom soup over the whole thing and baked it for about 50 minutes. Simple entree, for more servings just add more chicken and another can of soup. I lazied out and didn't make a vegetable but I did cook up some noodles and toss them with butter, Italian seasoning and garlic.

As a note, I have also done a similar dish with pork chops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are quite the chef boy-r-dee... lol.., but I especially enjoy your oatmeal raisin cookies, when are you making me. p.s. Manuel requests chocolate chip! thanks, duchess's parents. :)

Shannon said...

Ooohhh! Yummy!