Sunday, June 28, 2009

Prescott Bluegrass festival


Two day festival. Just went up for the day on Saturday. On the way up met some friends at Rock Springs cafe in Black Canyon city for breakfast. Other than the waitress forgetting to enter an order and the hash browns sucking it was pretty good. Parking was not a problem as we were willing to pay the $5 to park in the garage. 3 of the 4 groups were pretty good. The emcee told the same old dry jokes he did the last time I went two years ago. The second group in the rotation was sort of OK musically but their overall presentation was so full of dead jokes that I was not impressed. I would have left as they started their second set but I was guarding the stuff for my friends and it would not have been cool to just disappear. They came back from shopping about 15 minutes later and they were ready to go too. I managed to get sunburned, it may not be a smart thing to take a nap in full sunlight in the middle of the day. All of the shady spots were taken when we got there so we chose a spot that would be in afternoon shade and took possession. When I get back from vacation I may post some pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Did you get a souvenir cup at least? :) -arod

Knitterman said...

5 July- just checking in to see where you're at -- still vacationing or back to work yet. With so much happening in the world, you'd think almost anyone would come up with fresh jokes. That would kill it for me.