Monday, August 31, 2009

Well, besides work


So Friday's lunch took me within a block of my apt to a coffee house/bakery, La Boqueria. Cool dude, grew up in the neighborhood, spent some time in Europe adding to his cooking/baking skills. Saturday morning I decided to eat out at Ronnie's Cafe. Manuel and Amy had recommended it to me. Not bad but not the most authentic shit on a shingle either. I posted Yelp reviews on both places.

I stopped at Albertson's to pick up something for dinner and ended up with a 1.37lb salmon fillet. I usually only buy the 6 or 7 oz portions because the whole fillets are over 2lbs and I really have no clue what to do with it. I took the fillet and put it on a rack in a baking pan, melted some butter with ground garlic and Italian season that I spread on it. Covered it in foil and baked at 350° for 30 minutes. Ate about 1/2 of it with steamed cauliflower and put the other half on top of bagged salad which was on sale for $1 at lunch today. Sunday I accidentally made some really good dressing that will be the subject of it's own thread. Sunday morning I started breakfast with a half cantaloupe. This is memorable because I rarely eat fruit. It made my orange juice taste funny too. :-)

No comments: