Monday, May 25, 2009

Fez Foodies


3815 N Central Ave., Phoenix

This is the name Thomas, the GM, has bestowed upon folks who come on 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month to try new items on the menu at Fez. Every so often he hosts a special event just for Yelpers and their friends/family. Yesterday from 4-6 was the time for this event. As usual he went all out again. I am guessing just under 30 folks total showed up. Thomas provided door prizes, happy hour drink pricing, and all the wonderful hummus and fry fread we could consume. We had a choice of ordering off the menu or trying a couple of special items, I chose the special items; a spinach/raspberry salad with walnuts and blue cheese and a flat iron steak with mashed red skinned potatoes and asparagus. And then finished off with a piece of cheesecake. Really good stuff. I would say roughly half of the party had the special. I have no clue why I did not take any food pictures until dessert arrived. Got to meet some new folks and chat with some Yelpers I already knew. With a beer and gratuity I dropped $40 so this is not a bargain place. But the food and prep are not bargain place type stuff either. A good time was had and I thought I was going to need assistance to my car.









No comments: