Saturday, May 2, 2009

Restaurant 28


5025 W. Olive Ave., Glendale

Website

This is where I had lunch on Friday. If you go to the website, it has not been updated to reflect the smaller location without room for the piano.

Yelp review:
"Almost couldn't find it. A few months ago I had seen the sign as I was driving by and after researching it I added it to the list of places I wanted to try for lunch. In that time they moved back to their old location next door and the sign moved with them and is harder to spot from the street. There is a large difference in size between the two suites and after a year of dealing with an economy that is poor they gave in and moved back. That leaves them with only 4 small tables. As I was the only customer at the time that wasn't a problem.

I had never been in there before and was greeted like an old friend by everybody. The whole atmosphere of the place feels like everybody enjoys being there.

I had the Friday special of beef tips, beans, potato salad, and I upgraded the roll to corn bread. To drink I had an unsweetened iced tea. Total was $12.39 including tax for a big pile of food. When the waitress asked if I had saved room for desert all I could do was laugh. Several of the sides seem to be purchased and something served me was warmed in the microwave. What their specialty is is the meat. Tender but still just a touch chewy, the way I like my Q. Sauce does not get added until it is served. I am sure the cornbread was baked there and I liked it because it is not very sweet. For a small place they have a large menu. So far, and I will try some other menu items, this is the best Q I have found this far West and the only decent one I can get to during a lunch.

The parking lot is a little hard to navigate with a full size truck if it is close to full. That contributed to a 3 instead of a 4 along with the purchased sides."

No comments: