Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Siam Thai Cuisine


5008 W Northern Ave., Glendale

This is where I chose to have lunch last Friday. For those who do not know, Siam is the name Thailand was known by until 1939 and again from 1940 - 1945.

Copy of Yelp review:
"I bet this place should be a 4. But staring, alone, at the dragon on the wall for a good half an hour plus before food arrived sorted of tainted my out look. I was tempted to start wandering around asking my fellow diners what they were eating, how did they like it and "could I have a sample?". For sure, every thing looked really good.

Then I got my food! This wonderful pile of goodness. I got stir fry silver noodle with chicken ($9.25) and a Thai ice tea ($2.00). Not knowing, I was surprised by no sauce, either on the food or with it. Just the seasoning. The mound of food I got was huge and served on a family style platter with a covered bowl of steamed rice. Manners to the side I just used the serving platter as my plate. I managed to finish it all but it was more than I needed, or should have eaten. I am thinking maybe a curry dish next time to try something different.

My delay in getting fed was a run of circumstances. I arrived a few minutes after one to avoid the lunch rush. When I arrived there were six tables in use and only two of them had food. The other four still had not ordered yet as evidenced by the menus being read. That makes me fifth on the list for the one waitress/server/bus person. And that is the order in which the orders were taken and the food served. But food seemed to be coming out in fairly rapid fire order. About 15 minutes after the folks just ahead of me got their entrees the waitress came over and said there had been a mess up in the kitchen and it would be a while yet, Ya Think? As the restaurant was starting to clear my food arrived and I Hoovered (word from Donald S) it down and got back to work. I was in there a full hour and eating for 20 minutes or less, hard to accommodate on a work schedule.

The dining room itself is very cozy. I found it hard to get into my seat as the tables are the style with the four legs at the corners, but I am not as limber as I used to be. I will go back again just because I like the food."

No comments: