Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nobody died


Sunday I went home early to watch sports, drink beer and cook. In other words be like a normal working stiff.

Lets get the bad stuff out of the way first. Every game I wanted to watch was either a blowout or the wrong team won or both.

The weather was beautiful. I finished off a bottle of Merlot and then some beers.

Back in February I bought a chocolate fudge box cake to bake along with a jar of cherry frosting. Well the party I was to bake it for never happened and it was getting close to expiring so I baked it. I gave away 9 of the 15 pieces I created and there are no reports of anybody getting sick and or dying. :-)

Before I left for work in the morning I took 3 chicken breasts and put them in a zip lock with 1/2 jar of Thai green curry sauce and then grilled them in the late afternoon. Different flavor than marinating them in Italian dressing which is what I usually do. I expected a bolder flavor than I got but it was OK and different. I cubed them up for use in lunch salads this week. Then for dinner I had a brat with 2 sliced avocados and a tomato and some rice seasoned with Polish seasoning.

Saturday night I ate a lot healthier, I had a huge serving of steamed yellow squash and some swordfish.

No comments: