Monday, October 5, 2009

Peach butter


I only buy about one jar of fruit spread a year for actual use on toast. I also keep some around for use in sauces. In my continuing effort to control what is in the things I eat I try to buy stuff sweetened with sugar instead of corn syrup. This spring I found Terra Verde Farms and is is OK, with the Apricot drizzle being my favorite, it is expensive and they tell you it will only keep in the fridge for 3 months after opening. It is however local so I will most likely keep some in the freezer for sauces. Recently I was at Albertson's looking for something to replace the empty jar of strawberry preserves and spotted Braswell's peach butter. I don't remember liking apple butter too much but for $3 I gave it a try. I like it. And it uses sugar instead of HFCS.

No comments: