Monday, November 16, 2009

What a generic life


Actually more like a report of my weekend. Saturday I didn't feel like cooking breakfast so I stopped at Carls Jr for a breakfast burger. For lunch I had leftover tri-tip. After work I stopped at the store and picked up some stuff intending to maybe get some salmon for dinner. While I was there I got a page from a friend that her and her husband were going out to dinner at Firebirds. Good thing I had not made any concrete plans to meet anyone at Sunnyslope for an art event. Dinner was great! Way out of my budget but all I had to cover was the tip. We then proceeded to their place for cake and ice cream. Sunday morning I had planned on fried bologna but the store was out so I had an omelet. For lunch I had creme broulet cheesecake from Firebirds (a token of appreciation for getting my steak undercooked). I left work early to watch the Cardinals football game, they won but not easily. While doing that I marinated some chicken breasts to grill for lunch salads and made up a spaghetti sauce. This one turned out really well: I took a jar of marinara sauce and put it in a pot on the lowest heat setting added more garlic and some basil. In the wok I softened up a bell pepper in butter then caramelized a couple of onions and then sauteed some mushrooms. By the time I got all of that in there it looked a little thick so I tossed in the last glass of Cabernet from the bottle I was drinking. I left it at that lowest heat setting for another 3 hours and got absolutely none of the overcooked tomato taste I sometimes get. I then watched the Suns barely win a game and watched Wolverine which was pretty good. Next Sunday the Rams will actually be on TV so I will plan my work schedule around that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me November 16 is the last entry date... as one of your readers I am apauled that you have not updated this information many of us want to know your daily activities.... lol.. -arod